If you are looking for a clear, smooth non slip coating for your slippery indoor/outdoor floors, look no further. SKID SAFE is proven, time tested, easy to use sealer/finish that can make almost any surface no slip. Its anti slip property is amazing, because it is actually even more slip resistant wet than dry! See the independent laboratory report here. SKID SAFE is a very high quality product, and therefore it is covered by 5 Year Pro-Rated Warranty. Single Quarts are covered by 100% unconditional warranty.
We have developed SKID SAFE in 1986 in San Francisco. Today it is available in many countries around the world.
Make Your Floors No Slip With No Change of Appearance
Main Benefits Of Our No Slip Floor Finish:
- Extremely Highly Skid/Slip Resistant Floor Finish
- Avaiable in a Regular Gloss, or a Satin/Matte version
- Regular Gloss slip resistance: ASTM D2047: 0.778 Dry, 0.896 Wet
- Satin/Matte version slip resistance: ASTM D2047: 0.73 Dry, 0.785 Wet
- This Floor Coating Is Even More Skid Resistant Wet Than Dry!
- Does Not Change the Look of the Floor - Dries Clear, Glossy or Satin/Matte
- Exceptional Durability, Does Not Require Stripping for 5+ Years
- Easy Application - Fast Drying: 30-60 minutes between coats
- Waterproofs, Stainproofs (urine, oil, coffee, food, gas and many other chemicals)
- Does Not Yellow, Peel, Flake, Crack, Nor Chip
- Water Based, Very Low VOC: Only 19.6 g/l per California VOC Regulations
- Compliant with OSHA and ADA requirements for coefficient of friction.
- Warranted For 5 Years
Use SKID SAFE On These Materials To Make Them No Slip:
- Hard Floor Surfaces: Slippery ceramic tiles, masonry, concrete, driveways, stairs, garage floors, marble, granite, terrazzo, terra cotta, slate, cement, stone, enamel, limestone, etc.
- Soft Floor Coverings: Slippery Vinyl tiles, VCTs, linoleum, plastic, fiberglass and rubber floor surfaces
- Wood: All slick hardwood floors and stairs, natural, stained, varnished, epoxied, lacquered, urethaned, painted woods and all laminates
- Metal: All slippery metal floors
- Paint: All slippery painted floors
- Other Finishes and Sealers: Use SKID SAFE on slippery floors sealed with epoxies, urethanes and other finishes
Above: Slippery Slate and Brick sealed with extremely slip resistant floor finish: SKID SAFE
SKID SAFE should be used on all slippery floors to make them no slip, including decks, ramps, driveways, stairs, walkways, locker rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. SKID SAFE is most popular on slippery ceramic and porcelain tiles, slick hardwood floors (especially hardwood stairs), pergo, laminates, vinyl tiles, concrete and masonry.
For exterior surfaces and surfaces with frequent water spills, like pool decks, kitchens and bathrooms we recommend using one of our NO SLIP SKID SAFE SYSTEMS™, which creates rough surface with true traction - real non-slip (anti-slip) finish: maximum protection against slip and fall accidents.
SKID SAFE Use Estimates:
1. SKID SAFE (when used alone - without ND AGGREGATE™) to create slip resistant finish
NON POROUS FLOOR MATERIAL such as porcelain, ceramic tiles, metal, currently sealed flooring or fiberglass: You need to apply 4 separate coats according to our directions. The approximate coverage for all 4 applied coats is about 400 sq.ft. per gallon. Divide your floor sq.ft. area by 400 to show the amount of SKID SAFE Water Based Sealer/Finish that you need.
POROUS FLOOR MATERIAL such as vinyl, quarry tile, brick, wood, concrete, masonry and porous paint: You need to apply 4 separate coats according to our directions. The approximate coverage for all 4 applied coats is about 200 sq.ft. per gallon. Divide your floor sq.ft. area by 200 to show the amount of gallons of SKID SAFE Water Based Sealer/Finish that you need.
2. SKID SAFE when used together with ND AGGREGATE™ - to create NO SLIP floor finish
NON POROUS FLOOR MATERIAL such as porcelain, ceramic tiles, metal, currently sealed flooring or fiberglass: You need to apply 6 separate coats according to our directions. The approximate coverage for all 6 applied coats is about 300 sq.ft. per gallon. Divide your floor sq.ft. area by 300 to show the amount of gallons of SKID SAFE Water Based Sealer/Finish that you need. Divide your floor sq. ft. area by 160 to show the amount of lbs. of ND AGGREGATE™ needed.
POROUS FLOOR MATERIAL such as concrete, quarry tile, brick, wood, masonry and porous paint: You need to apply 6 separate coats according to our directions. The approximate coverage for all 6 applied coats is about 170 sq. ft. per gallon. Divide your floor sq. ft. area by 170 to show the amount of gallons of SKID SAFE Water Based Sealer/Finish that you need. Divide your floor sq. ft. area by 160 to show the amount of lbs. of ND AGGREGATE™ needed.
Quart (32 oz)
Regular Gloss or Satin/Matte
100% Money Back Guarantee
Gallon (128 oz)
Regular Gloss or Satin/Matte
Regular Gloss or Satin/Matte
Essential & Complementary Products For SKID SAFE:
1. ND AGGREGATE™ - Creates a Non-Slip Floor Finish with True Traction. ND AGGREGATE™ is available in 4 colors (white, brown, black, green) to make it virtually unnoticeable when standing and looking at any completed application. It is pleasant to walk on in bare feet, and is used to protect swimming pool/sauna/shower areas. Now, instead of sliding into second base on a wet marble/terrazzo lobby floor, your shoe will grip on our special application firmly when wet. Neither foot traffic, nor tires will harm ND AGGREGATE™ Test it at no risk! Order 1 lb of ND AGGREGATE™ per each 160 sq. ft.
2. SUPER BOND & CLEAN™ - Cleans unsealed ceramic tile/porcelain floors and prevents SKID SAFE from peeling when washed daily. It creates proper adhesion on the tile and eliminates the need for any other pre-treatment. SUPER BOND & CLEAN™ is required for all new and used ceramic tile/porcelain floors. If your tile has been sealed, either strip it first or do not use this product. Order 1 Quart of SUPER BOND & CLEAN™ per each 100 sq. ft.
3. CONCRETE BOND & CLEAN™ - Cleans unsealed concrete floors and prevents SKID SAFE from peeling when washed daily. It creates proper adhesion on unsealed concrete, and eliminates the need for any other pre-treatment. CONCRETE BOND & CLEAN™ is required for all unsealed concrete floors. Do not use this product on sealed floors. Order 1 Quart of CONCRETE BOND & CLEAN™ per each 50 sq. ft.
We encourage all to pre-test our products for their application and to determine the exact spread rates on their flooring material.
Example of sponge applicators for SKID SAFE:
Always test the product on a small area first to ensure adequate surface preparation, compatibility and desired results. Do not use SKID SAFE on areas that will be under standing water over 5 days. Do not use SKID SAFE in extremely challenged traffic areas, like in sporting stadiums/gyms where cleats, or other sharp objects are used. The floor that you are going to seal should be in a sound condition without holes, cracks, water infiltration, etc.
It is essential to follow all of our DIRECTIONS. Clean SKID SAFE after it has cured with a mop and a NEUTRAL CLEANER (pH of 7), available at janitorial supply stores. Floors treated with SKID SAFE and ND AGGREGATE™ should be cleaned with a brush, water and a neutral cleaner.
100% Money Back Guarantee Including Shipping Costs
We guarantee your satisfaction when ordering our products in Quarts or smaller sizes (including all Small KITS) and 1 lb ND AGGREGATE™ for 60 Days from the date that you receive your order.*
Test Our Products With COMPLETE CONFIDENCE and NO RISK!
ALL OUR PRIMERS/SEALERS/FINISHES ARE COVERED BY 5 YEAR WARRANTY.